Friday, April 23, 2021

Teamed Up

 


Teamed Up

This is the song where the girl reveals to her friends that after she became a fire goddess, she and the fire god teamed up and burned the village down in order to get revenge on the people who burned her at the stake. She wonders how her friends'll respond now that they know she did something bad in a past life.

The lyrics are:

How do I tell you guys about
This next bad thing? It will be out
When I turned into a fire
Me and that old fire god aspired

I don't want to say it, I won't want to say it

We teamed up, teamed up, teamed up, teamed up
We burnt it all down, we burnt it all down

Me and him burned down the village
It was just short of a pillage
I was a vengeful goddess, and we
Made those church men have to go flee

I don't want to say it, I won't want to say it

We teamed up, teamed up, teamed up, teamed up
We burnt it all down, we burnt it all down

I wanted revenge, and I was mad as a wet hen
And that old fire god listened to me because he was my friend
I remember he said that they had used him in a bad way
And we agreed to burn the village so that they could not stay
And then we went to the sky, and saw my new friends, who cried,
“You are the fire goddess and the hottest being on high”
Yes, the fire gods saw me and said that I am their kind
You're a live wire goddess, and we all share the same mind

Now you guys know that it happened
And I probably look like a bad friend
Yes, I once did something evil
I burned the homes of lots of people


Here's the alternative player thingy, just in case the one at the top doesn't work when you try to play it:

No comments: