Friday, April 16, 2021

I Was a Fire Goddess

 


Fire Goddess

 This is the next song in the possession series. I'm posting it alongside another medley this week, just like last week. If this were bein' produced as a play, the 2 medleys would come before the big reveal song from last week, as well as this week's song, but I posted the medleys alongside the plot-development songs cuz, well, I'm not sure why, to be honest.

The first part has nothing to do with the song, itself. I managed to get a recording of Luci, the cat, meowing! It's the only recording I have of her meowing. Then the cat meowing through the song is her sister, Lulu, who's on most of my songs, these days. Lulu's easier to get a recording of cuz she meows more than Luci.



The lyrics are:
Yes, my friends, it's true, I was a fire goddess

When we heard the fire death story, we started to worry
It 's a bitter, screaming end
And the tears make our eyes blurry, she was in a hurry
To join with her fire god friend

Yes, my friends, it's true, I was a fire goddess

And she turned into a fire before she could expire
This is what she just described
With a situation, dire, she could now aspire
To go join the fire god's tribe

She was starting to get grilled
All because she was strong willed
And the men who were in charge
did not like that her spirit was large
It was the barbecue from Hell
Burning like a stake on a stake, well
Then she turned into a fire
and she flew away from that pyre

Yes, my friends, it's true, I was a fire goddess

And it's such a scary story, and we start to worry
We want to protect our friend
From the badness in the past that makes memories last
We want her to have a happy end

Here's the alternative player thingy, just in case the one up at the top is incompatible with your portable electronic device:

No comments: