Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Convertible Car

 






Convertible Car

 This is a happy song that came from a dream this morning. It's about wanting to drive in a convertible car, a peppy li'l ska song with cats caterwauling in it.

The lyrics are:

Give me the keys to your convertible car, convertible car, convertible car
Give me the keys to your convertible car, convertible car, convertible car

Driving in the countryside, with the top pulled down
This is where I found delight; then I drove to town

Do you have room in your convertible car, convertible car, convertible car
We'll be off to the moon, and afterwards, we'll do Mars, convertible car, convertible car

Driving up the mountainside, with the top pulled down
This is where I found delight; then I drove back down

I want to drive; I want to drive

Thelma and Louise had this kind of a car
Driving it makes me feel like a movie star
Inside this car I feel like I'm on a porch
Give me sunblock, so I do not get scorched
You might ask me why I am driving this car
There's no rational reason, it's just a lark
I feel like a bad-ass inside this man-made machine
Driving like it's first class, this is so nifty-keen

Give me the keys, and I will take it real far, convertible car, convertible car
Please, let me please, drive it on up to the stars, convertible car, convertible car

Driving up the mountainside, with the top pulled down
This is where I found delight; then I drove back down

Here's the alternative player-thingy, just in case the one up at the top is incompatible with your portable electronic device, laptop, or desktop computer:

No comments: