Friday, January 1, 2021

We Have The Same Death Song

 


SAMESONG

 This is the song where the girl realizes, after hearing the fire god sing her death song, that she and he actually have the same death song. She's worried that if they sing it together, it might take her up to the sun, which is where the fire god is from.

The lyrics are:

Wait a second, this does not seem to make sense
His old death-song is the same or am I dense?
I hear that old fire god sing that old melody
We said, hell, oh, why not? It might set us free

That old Fire god has a death song that's the same as mine
Is that why he is inside me? Are we the same kind?

If he sings it, will it bring him to the sun?
Will it bring me up there? Maybe I should run
If he sings the song when we're together
Will it bring a fire-storm with the weather?

That old Fire god has a death song that's the same as mine
Is that why he is inside me? Are we the same kind?

This is a trip, I heard him sing a melody
He let her rip asserting it'll set him free
It sounds the same as my song that I sing in bed
Right after I smoke my bong, so I sleep like the dead
It's not a funeral dirge, but it's looking to the light
It is a tune that pulls clergy to give the last rites
And I'll sing it, and I'll wing it, I am singing ringing tunes
...a star song, ... not far from an old bar song for saloons

If he sings the song when we're together 
Will it bring a fire-storm with the weather? 

I have ears that don't stop ringing
My mind is broken, but I can't stop singing
I'm blind and stupid, but I'm learning
The world is turning, but it won't stop burning

My mind is stupid, but it's singing
I don't know why my ears have not stopped ringing
Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm learning
The world is burning, but it won't stop turning

Here's the alternative player thingy in case the one up at the top is incompatible with your portable electronic device:



No comments: