Friday, January 15, 2021

The Next Song Song

 


NEXTS0NG

 I wrote this song right after I wrote the Bears song a while back. It's a song about how when you write a really good song, the song you write after it usually isn't as good. It's called "regression to the mean," in statistics. 



The lyrics are:

This is the next song, this is the next song
This is the next music thing
I don't know what it will bring
This is the next song, this is the next song
This is the song that came next
The other one sounds the best

Songs are easy when no other
Songs before them are their mothers
Songs have parents I am saying
Some have bear-friends, that's their statement

This is the song that came after the song about
bears, with weed, strong, I'm smoking Willie's bong
I feel like Willie Nelson's in my head, when I
Listen to that good song and smoke in bed
I sang with twang, my voice rang, and I said, “dang”
This is the shit, I sit with my own big bang
Now this is the next song, and I don't know if it will
Sound as Willie Nelson-ish, that is a bitter pill

Here's the alternative player thingy, in case the one up there, at the top is totally incompatible with your portable electronic device:


No comments: