Saturday, September 19, 2020

Shadow Rap

 


SHADORAP

 This song ain't part of the album I'm working on: it's an active imagination experiment thingy I tried today. It attempting to talk to my unconscious this morning, I got the message that I should do a rap song today from the point of view of my shadow. The shadow is a Jungian archetype, which includes all the stuff about ourselves that we consciously reject and push to the back-burner of our psyches. My shadow likes mustard, but hates rap and country music. In real life I like country music and rap, but I don't like mustard.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if I already used this melody and chord progression in another song. The melodic-singing parts are about how I feel right now. I'm having a depressive episode. It's not fun.

The lyrics are:
I'm a clean-freak, and I have a mean-streak
I hate beans; they're something I will not eat
I love mustard spread upon my sandwich
And I dust with wet rags in my hand, bitch

I am rapping my shadow, and I'm feeling alone
I don't know why I had to go, and I'm missing my home

I'm a mess

Every day that I'm living seems like nothing makes sense
When fucks are giving, they make me feel nothing but tense

I'm a mess

I complain all about everything that's in my life
I explain, and I shout, and I cut with verbal knives
And I hate rap music because I am a square
Yes, I state it's crap for losers, and I don't even care
I am scared, and I am getting ugly, and I don't care if everybody fucks me
I am real mean, and I am getting meaner, sitting in the scene that has a giant wiener
And I hate country music, it makes me want to barf
With the banjos and fiddles, it sounds like someone's fart
I'm a dildo-control, and I have to have a thing
With my will, I'm the soul of a yellow jacket's sting

Here's an alternative player thingy:

No comments: