Friday, September 11, 2020

I Sing Loud

 


SINGLOUD

This is the next song in the album about possession: in it, I'm thinking about how I sing loud. But, then I get really alarmed because some of the lyrics I ended up writing don't sound like me. Oh, my.

The lyrics are:

I sing loud, I sing loud; I'm a country singer, and I like to sing real loud; I'm a country singer and I like to sing real loud

I see flames, from fire, untamed; Now I'm singing backwards, and it makes me feel real ;proud; it is Heaven's password, and it takes us to the clouds


Wait, what? No, these lyrics do not, they do not sound like me, the do not sound like my old singing
Was it because I smoked some pot? It was really strong weed, the kind that makes you cry, with eyes stinging
And my friends, they saw me act weird, we were drinking some beer, and their eyes filled with fear; Oh, Jesus
Yes, by then, I'd had too much beer, and my thoughts were unclear, and I asked my friends, "Dear, oh please just help."

I burn higher; I sing fire; I am made of flames, and I'm burning and untamed; it is all the same, and I'm singing in my name

Here's another player-thingy, in case the one above doesn't work on your portable electronic device:

No comments: