Friday, May 29, 2020

Timmy and Bobby #9



TANDB009
This is another song that might suck; but I decided that last week's song doesn't suck. In any event, the song I posted just before this and the song I just posted before the song I posted just before this are dear old favorites of mine, so if this song sucks, go ahead and listen to those ones. Or just listen to them, even if this one doesn't suck.

The rap part uses the metaphor of an a thousand year old clock, which comes up in a graphic novel thingy I’m working on. It’s like, I’m really predictable, as predictable as an a thousand year old clock. And the nature of my predictability is my tendency to self sabotage over and over, which leads to my own self-destruction. Timmy and Bobby see that and want to make me stop doing it.

The lyrics are:
We are up in Heaven’s trees, singing with the honey bees
And we see that she’s in Hell, and we want to make her well
We are coming to get her, and she’ll know her voice is heard
We are listening from above, bringing songs on the wings of a dove

And we see her there, and we know that she will drown in air
And we see her there, and we want to tell her that we care

She’s a clock, not new on the block, a ticking tock
Like a rock, predictable knock, a sticking lock
She is a thousand years old, and now her story’s been told
Inside a newspaper rolled, let’s let the feelings unfold
She is an a thousand year old clock and every day
The same old way, and now she stays a rock that’s stuck in clay
And we have to rescue her now because her ways
Have made her go under her plough, she’s her own prey

We are Timmy and Bobby, are we, and our voices sing in bees
And we see that she might bleed, unless we do the kindest deed
We are Timmy and Bobby, are we; we’ll take her to the purple sea

We’ll take her to the land of the trees, we’ll let her know that she is free 

No comments: