Monday, May 25, 2020

Sinking Ship



SINKLP01
This song is a fusion of country music and hip-hop, yesiree. I went for that old timey country music feel, although it'd sound more old timey if it had banjos and fiddles in it. It's got references to Linkin Park's song, "Shadow of the Day," which is a song about a person who's lost hope and is looking forward to death. This song kinda riffs on that theme of hopelessness.

I 'sperimented with rapping a set of lyrics in one place and singing them in another place, in that old-timey country music style. Like, you get to hear two different takes on the same set of lyrics, yesiree. Timmy and Bobby cain't decide whether to listen to Willie Nelson or Linkin Park.

The lyrics are:
I am a sinking ship and I’m drinking
Fire that is shrinking all my thinking
Sad and dark my flame is a singing
Band, it’s a Park, whose name is Linkin
End Of The Day, they call it a Shadow
It’s on my way, and I’ll follow in a sad glow
There’s no more waiting, gotta get me gone
My ship is sailing to the big dawn

SAME AS ABOVE, EXCEPT FOR THE 3rd LINE:
Sad, in the dark, my flame is a singing

In the breaking dawn, there is no more
But an aching song and a closing door
In the fading light, we’re going down
Like a failing kite, that’s run aground
A sinking ship is what I am
I’m thinking this will make me damned
Timmy and Bobby they are getting worried
They see me sobbing; my eyes are blurry

No comments: