Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Timmy and Bobby

I'm thinking the next 3 songs I post'll be a series o' them. I started writing somewhat of a, what do you call it? I guess you'd call it a bunch of songs with a common theme. It would be fun to make it into a rock symphony or whatever you might call it, but, like, I dunno if the characters I'm writing about really want to reveal enuff about themselves to me for me to be able to make it into anything coherent or with an evolving story line.

Let'see here. This stuff won't be posted till next week, cuz I'm busier than all get-out this week, but yeah, I'll tell ya about it. It was about 3-1/2 years ago, and I can't believe how fast the time went, y'know? This song I wrote back then still feels new-ish to me, so it's like whoah, this song is 3-1/2 years old.

It's about these 2 guys, Timmy and Bobby, and I'm not sure their age. I think they're grown up, but they're still little kids at the same time. They're these super optimistic dudes, and I tend to write about how unrealistic their optimism is. I guess it's nice that they're optimistic, but, like, they tell you things that're all hopeful, and they sound like bullshit cuz you can't predict the future, and besides, the future is usually bad, anyway.

That's what those songs are about. I wrote 3-1/2 of them, oh wow. That's funny, cuz the first song is 3-1/2 years old, man. The other 2.5 songs are a couple weeks old.

2 comments:

rbuchanan said...

Cool - it's like a song cycle.

becky said...

Yeah, it's a cycle, sorta like those book thingies, like the Earthsea Cycle, cool!