Thursday, September 8, 2022

Queen Elizabeth

 

Queen Elizabeth

Oh, man, like I said in the song, I knew this day was coming, but I didn't want it to come this soon. I wanna express my appreciation for Queen Elizabeth and I hope she's doing well up in Heaven.

On the news, they said "God save the King"
Cuz the Queen is dead - it's a very, very sad thing

I knew this day was coming, but it seems too soon
I am gonna miss the queen - she will no longer be on the news

There was something reassuring about her being alive
I could not believe my ears when I heard that she died

She is up in Heaven - I hope she likes it there
And I know I'll miss her - of that I am aware

There has not been a single day in my life
In which the Queen was not very much alive
Now that she's passed, I feel like the world is wrong
She had some class, and for her, I write this song

I knew this day was coming, but it came too soon
But at least she is in Heaven, dancing on the moon

No comments: