Sunday, July 3, 2022

I'm Not Gonna Celebrate the 4th of July

 


This is a song about why I'm not celebrating the 4th of July this year. It's not my favorite holiday, anyway, because idiots come out and try to burn down the entire state with their dumb, illegal fireworks. But, on top of that, this year is extra special. This is the year half of the population of the united states lost the freedom to control their own bodies. It seems like a dumb time to celebrate freedom. 

The lyrics are:

I'm not gonna celebrate the 4th of July / Cuz I'm not feeling that great cuz my freedom died
On June Twenty Fourth

The 4th of July is a stupid holiday / celebrating freedom that has now gone away
For half of us

It is a day of mourning for me
Cuz now half of the population ain't free
June twenty fourth is when freedom fell
And America now resembles Hell
Insane people have taken over – what the fuck?
Is this the way it's gonna be now? Are we stuck...
In a state of systematic oppression now?
How did we get this way? I do not know how

I'm feeling bummed

No comments: