Monday, July 4, 2022

Don't Burn Down the Entire State (With Fireworks)

 

Here's the song I posted earlier today, but with the fireworks sounds in it. They come in close to the end. Yeah, California is a tinder-box, and having a bunch of people setting off fireworks that they're not supposed to set off makes me nervous. 

See, some asshole was setting off fireworks 3 nights ago and ended up starting a brush fire that grew to 5 acres. That 5 acres is very close to where I live. The LA Fire Department even had a bunch of firefighters stationed along my street to protect the buildings on it. Thank God they stopped it in time. I think if it had been windy that night, this apartment building would have been ashes. Sheesh, man. 

So, that's another reason I'm nervous about this whole fireworks thing this year.

The lyrics are:

The fireworks are gonna be going until awful late
Don't burn down the state
Don't burn down the entire state

As I said yesterday, I don't have a reason to celebrate
Don't burn down the state
Don't burn down the entire state

A few nights ago there was a blaze 5 acres wide
It was frightening cuz it was close to where I reside
It was started by an asshole with fireworks in hand
And these jerks, berserk with fireworks are the stupidest in this land
Don't mind me, I'm just a Scrooge when 4th of July comes around
But, you see, it's just because I don't want them to burn the town

I'm gonna be nervous tonight
Is my building gonna ignite?
Please don't burn down the state
Because that wouldn't be great

No comments: