Friday, July 8, 2022

I Like Dandelions

 


This is a song about how I like dandelions.

The lyrics are:

Dandelions are liked by this girl
They are the best plants in the whole world
I know you may not agree

If you have a lawn, you might hate them / They might seem like a spawn of Satan
With their happy and yellow flowers / Peaking through the grass and sending out showers
Of cottony goodness / They probably would test
The patience of average lawn owners / They come at them with their lawn mowers

Dandelions are liked by this girl
They are the best plants in the whole world
I know you may not agree

But they're medicinal plants – did you know that? / You can eat them and it'll make you glad
Not to starve to death if food is short / The dandelion is good for fortifying
People, and it can / Go down raw or be cooked in a frying pan
Vitamins are inside of them / I like them – maybe I love them

I like dandelions in my yard
Someday, I will have an entire garden
Of them
Garden of them

Now I'll give you some information / Human population inflation
Impacts the dandelion nation / Such that each successive generation
Get shorter...why is this happening? / In short, I think they're adapting
To lawn mower blades, cutting all the tall ones / But the bad fate don't happen to small ones


No comments: