Friday, October 9, 2020

I Don't Know If We Can Fix It


DKIFWCFI

In this song, the me-character discloses to Timmy and Bobby that I found out from my grandma in a dream that I'm being possessed by a fire god. There's a part of the song where the cat jumped up on the keyboard I was using as reference pitches for the vocals I was doing. You hear me admonish the cat. I left that part in instead of re-doing it cuz it just seemed like a good idea to have some discourse with a cat in there.

Timmy and Bobby sing the first verse, and I sing the second verse. Then the rapping part is the me-character.

The lyrics are:
She was born blind, but then she learned to see
But the only thing that she sees is dreams
She's alone in her singing fantasies
Dancing home with a thing that's burning trees

I don't know if we can fix it

I told Timmy and Bobby what I learned
That my grandma was sobbing cuz I burned
With a fire god who's stick inside my head
It's a dire thought, but I might soon be dead

I don't know if we can fix it

I told my friends about my
Frightful insight from last night
My grandma was inside her bedroom
She and I spoke of frightening things soon
Coming if we do not rectify this business
Running my head, a God who has fire in his chest
Is certainly gonna be
Pissing inside of my dreams
With surety, I will see
Me, burning and fire-breathing
I don't know if we can fix it, we have no plan
I'm dying so quickly, man, shit it's bleak and I am damned

As usual, here's a player thingy for those who have portable electronic devices that're incompatible with the player above:


No comments: