Friday, October 22, 2021

Writer's Block

 


Writer's Block

This is a song about having writer's block. I have writer's block right now. It's a sucky state o' mind to be in, cuz I never when it'll end. It's like the beginning of an earthquake - you never know how long it's gonna last and how poopy-bad it's gonna get.

The lyrics are:

Where did the music go?

Once upon a time, I used to write real good music
A dream would bring me a tune and then I would use it
Those melodies flowed like beer, and I would drink to the
Muse who brought that music here, but now I say, “huh?”
The idea machine's getting all jammed up now
It's a bucket of bolts, and I do not know how
To make it work again, can I get some advice?
To get my stupid brain working again it would be nice

Where did the music go?

Writer's block has come about; the idea-well is all tapped out
I don't know why it has run dry; what the fuck? it make me want to cry
What the fuck is happening to me? Has bad luck made my music bleed?
But I guess it's on with the show; I confess, I just want to throw up
The idea machine's getting all rusted out
Maybe if it gets cleaned, it'll be fine, but I doubt
That this will go away any time soon, oh dear
My muse has flown away off to the moon, I fear

Where did the music go?
I'm lost, I'm sad, I'm bewildered, I'm bewildered

I do not know why the music-well has run dry
My brain is feeling quite fried, and I want to cry
What if it never comes back, never comes to me
I'll be a sad sack, in fact, if it stays poopy
You're my music-muse friend
Can you come back again?
If you come on back soon
We can sing a very merry tune

I'm lost, I'm sad, I'm bewildered


No comments: