Friday, October 15, 2021

No, You Can't Be What The Ghosts Used To Be



No You Can't Be What The Ghosts Used To Be

 This is the next song in the possession album. The me-character used to think spirits and ghosts were all the same thing - like, they were both scary things, I guess you could say. But then, when she interfaces with the little baby spirit, the missing part of her own soul, she discovers that the baby isn't a ghost and isn't scary, either. Yup.

The lyrics are:

I used to think all spirits lived in the land of ghosts, but now
It is abundantly clear this baby don't hang with that ghost crowd

No, you can't be what the ghosts used to be

I cannot tell what part of me is me
Is my grown up self and what is the baby

No, you can't be what the ghosts used to be

I used to think that spirits were the same as ghosts
Now it's very clear that this baby is most
Definitely part of me and I am not scared
Now I feel lots of love for the baby I care
I knew the minute that the baby joined me
I heard her sing it – I heard her say boy these
Guys who are named Timmy and Bobby will be
My teddy bears – I know it sounds silly
I feel kind different and I dunno
How to feel but I know I should go with the flow
I'm a little tiny but sad today
Cuz I took the little baby away
From her bear friends, but I notice concurrently
It's apparent Timmy and Bobby are friends to me
And that will fill the void I know it will happen
We'll hang out with those boys and they will be glad friends

No, you can't be what the ghosts used to be


No comments: