Friday, October 15, 2021

I Want To Smoke Some Pot With Willie Nelson



I Want To Smoke Some Pot With Willie Nelson

 This song is about how, if I had one final wish, it would be to smoke pot with Willie Nelson. I hear he smokes a lot of pot. 

See, I recorded a version of it last night, but it kinda sucks, so I re-did it today, and this one is better. I changed the key it was in, added more harmonies, did the chorus a little different, and re-wrote the first half of the rap. Yeah, this one's better. 

I'm gonna leave the old one up for posterity's sake, but you don't have to listen to it if you don't want to.

The lyrics are:

Before I die, let me just try
Oh, God above, give me some sweet love
It is a thing I want to do
Oh, God above, please let my wish come true

Before I die, I want to smoke some pot
With Willie Nelson: Can we smoke a lot?

Smoking some pot with the King of Country
Oh my God, that would be a fun treat
Smoking weed with Old Willie
Yes, indeed, I'll get stoned until I'm silly

Before I die, I want to smoke a joint
With Willie Nelson; I won't be disappointed

If my birthday wish did come true
I know what I would want to do
Maybe I should wish on a star
Or the wishing well by the country bar
If my wishes came true, here's what I'd do
I'd smoke with Willie, and we'd have some Blue
Dream and maybe we'd make up some music
On my Gibson SG and his acoustic

Before I die, I want to take a toke
With Willie Nelson, my favorite country bloke
Before I die, I want to smoke a bong
With Willie Nelson; I think we'd get along


No comments: