Friday, December 25, 2020

The Fire God's Death Song

 


FIREDETH

 In this song, the next song in the album/rock-opera-thingy about possession, the fire god is pining for home. He's homesick for the sun. He hears his friends and relatives in the sun talking about stuff, and he decides to sing his death song because he expects singing it will bring him home. This might be a wee bit confusing cuz the death song part is the same as the me-character's death song!!!! Stay tuned...you'll have a better idear about what's going on later. (I haven't written the song that'll provide clarification yet, but it'll appear soon enough).

This song features Lulu the cat!!!!! This is a picture of Lulu! Her meows were originally in F# Major, so I had to change the pitch a little bit to make it F minor (or A flat major, depending on how you look at it).


Here's Lulu's sister, Luci!!! She meows, too, but I haven't gotten her on tape yet.


The lyrics are:

We are children of the holy land
Citizens of fire that gave us man
Denizens inside the turning sun
It is hot enough to burn your buns

Are those my relatives? Everything I would give
To go and be with them, and see my friends again
I wish I had not flown the coop cuz I'm alone
Oh poop, was I stoned? I want to go back home

I hear voices of my fire-god friends
singing in the sun that may just mend
Burning spirits like me, who have sinned
I want back again, please let me in!

The death song I want to sing is the thing
To bring me back to the sun's golden rings
Yes, I'll sing that death song melody now
It will bring me home if I sing it loud!!!!

Home,
I want to go back home
I want to go back home
I want to go back home

I have ears that won't stop ringing
My mind is broken, but I can't stop singing
I'm blind and stupid, but I'm learning
The world is turning but it won't stop burning

I want to go back home
I want to go home
I want to go back home

Here's an alternative player thingy, in case you have trouble playing the one up at the top:

No comments: