Thursday, December 31, 2020

New Year's Eve 2020 Song

 


NEWYEARS eve 2020

 Or, whoops, do you call it 2020 or 2021 when it's the eve of the New Year being 2021? But I always spend New Year's Eve payin' homage to the old year. This song continues the "I dunno just how to live" theme that came up recently. See, similar to what I did on last year's New Year's Eve, I wanted to record a song that echoed my favoritest song of that year. Actually, I have a lot of favoritest songs from this year, now that I think of it. But it's the recentest favoritest song.

It's part of that old rock opera about possession I'm a-workin' on. It revisits the theme song of the me-character that came up in the beginning of the album, the one where it was all happy with banjo and bluegrassy sensibilities. But this is the sad version of it, cuz all this crappy stuff has happened to the me-character between when she first song - the happy "Nobody Else Made a Circle for Me" song - and now. Tomorrow, you'll get to hear the sad version of the Timmy and Bobby "We Like Willie Nelson" song, to celebrate the New Year, again, echoing the sadness of saddest sad theme to show how sad they got.

This was a weird year; it was really mixed for me. There were horrors and there were wonderful things too. It's really odd. And what I'm speaking to is completely separate from covid, so that tells you just what an intense year I've had.

Downstairs, my dumb noisy neighbor is having a covid party. I can't believe people are having stupid new years parties when the hospitals are so packed with covid patients that they're not letting people in who have appendicitis and things like that.

This song is also a post-diction of last night's song about wanting to write a song about friends. I had no idea I was gonna write a song about friends tonight. This song has friends in it.


The lyrics are:

Nobody else made a circle for me – a circle a circle circle circle
Nobody else made a circle for me
Nobody else made a circle for me

Another year's gone by, and I think that I'll cry
I don't know just how to live
It feels like time will end, I think I need my friends
I don't know just how to live

Nobody else made a circle for me
Nobody else made a circle for me

Another year's gone by, I look into the sky
I don't know just how to live
I don't know what awaits, Just what will be my fate?
I don't know just how to live

No one else made a circle for me, that is true
I can tell that the world will not see this thing through
But my friends, they made a circle for me
It won't end cuz it's a circularity
Now I need them quite a lot cuz they are who I trust
They are all the friends I got; our love is robust
Timmy and Bobby and Father O'Malley are
Gonna be lobbying with a country guitar

Nobody else made a circle for me, a circle, a circle circle circle

They called the preacher man, and now he is on hand
I don't know just how to live
They're feeling helpless and I'm drowning in the sand
I don't know just how to live

Here's the alternative player thingy in case the one, upstairs, doesn't work when you try to play it on your portable electronic device:

No comments: