Friday, August 7, 2020

Willie Nelson is Our Favorite Country Music Guy

 

WILLIE01

This song provides a little context for the album about spirit/demon possession. It's sung from Timmy and Bobby's point of view, and they talk about who they are and what they like to do. They like Willie Nelson. The rapping part was a little fast, so it'd be a good idear to look at the lyrics before you listen to it. My mouth needs to learn to move faster. Hah.

Whoops - gotta go - I'll finish typing up the lyrics later.

Okay, I'm back; here are the lyrics:

We want to give you this here music/ because it might establish a milieu/ In a story line that will use it/ And it tells you what we like to do

We are working guys/ and we drink at night/ listening to country songs/ and we will not lie/ some songs make us cry/ and we like to sing along

We are Timmy and Bobby, and we're listening/ to Willie Nelson cuz he gives us grace/ He is our good favorite country singer/ and he puts a smile upon our face

We like all his songs/ and we sing along/ "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain"//It never feels wrong/ and we smoke our bong/ country music melts our pain

We were born into the working class, but we went to school, and we met in class
We are best friends, who share an apartment, getting high on larks, bent on making it last
I am Timmy, and I'm kinda skinny, bald, and I am drinking, and we have a cat
I am Bobby, and I'm not a baldy, but I got a mustache, and I'm kinda fat

We are working guys/ and we drink at night/ listening to country songs/ and we will not lie/ some songs make us cry/ and we like to sing along

We like to drink beer and some whiskey, listening to country music songs/ It might make us tear, with eyes misty, but we always like to sing along

We will push "repeat,"/ cuz his songs are sweet/ and we'll dance inside our seats/ he has lots of twang/ in every song he sang/ country music can't be beat

I am Timmy, and I'm kinda skinny, bald, and I am drinking, and we have a cat
I am Bobby, and I'm not a baldy, but I got a mustache, and I'm kinda fat
Willie Nelson is our favorite country music guy
He is best, he knows how to sing good and make us cry
Blue eyes crying in the rain, like sighing water mains, they're rising to occasions
Blue eyes soaking in the rain, with spoken pain, it's a broken water main
Blue eyes crying in the rain and they're sad like Harry Potter
Blue eyes singing with the pain and we ask, "Why?" Well, they are not sure
Blue eyes crying in the rain with streaming weather vanes are melting all our pain


No comments: