Friday, August 28, 2020

Such An Appalling Day


 

APPALDAY

 This is the next song in the album about possession. The main character realizes she's having all these things that feel like memories, but she doesn't remember ever being in the things the memories are about. The memories are of fire; they're of being in a fire and being the actual fire, itself.

The only thing I'm a wee bit poopy feeling about is the emphasis being on the wrong syllable on the word, "diary." 

The lyrics are:

That was such an appalling, such an appalling, such an appalling day

They said to keep the home fires burning, now we're learning, now we're learning
They said those home fires should be burning, now we;re learning, now, we're learning

That was such an appalling, such an appalling, such an appalling day

I died by fire, I was the fire, I was in the fire, I was the fire
I am the fire, I burnt the spire, that they admired, I was the fire

Wait a sec, what was that thing I said about fire?
That's not Becky's memory, it's a dead person's diary
I feel like something has taken control of my thoughts
My eyes see light from a big flame, and some coals, but it's not pot
My friends called me a little before 9 o'clock
I wanted to act normal, but I felt real poor and in shock
They could tell that something was real wrong in my brain
I am in Hell, with this memory of fire - I need rain!


As usual, here's another player thingy, just in case the one up above doesn't work on your portable electronic device:

No comments: