Friday, January 27, 2023

You're My Everything


You're My Everything - Mix 4

This is the next song in the fucked up relationship album. It's a regular love song - one of those regular old love songs. But it's kind of like you can tell it's a love song occurring in the context of a fucked up relationship.

The lyrics are:

I don't need anyone but you, I don't need anyone but you

You're my everything, you're my everything, you're my everything today

We're both spiritual, and shit
You're so neat, I cannot believe it...
That you would choose me - you are so great
Let us go on a nice dinner-date
you're a professor and I am just
A baby-grad-student, and I must
Accept that I'm not as good as you - I still don't know
Why you chose me - I'll go with the flow

You're my forever person now; you chose me and I don't know how

I got so lucky, I got so lucky, I'm a lucky duck

You are so great and no one can deny it
You are my fate - I'm so happy I could cry
It is wonderful to be with someone corking
And smashing, bang-up - next to you, I'm a dork, but I sing

You're my everything, you're my everything, you're my everything today


No comments: