Friday, May 27, 2022

I Love You and I Love You a Lot

 


This song came to me in a dream. In light of recent events here in the US, I decided to make it into a song about bein' sure to say "I love you" to someone, in case it's the last time you see them.

Yes, the past couple weeks have been freaky and awful. I know, statistically speaking, it's not very likely that I'll run into terrorists and crap, but I'm spooked, nonetheless. I'm also sad, frustrated, angry, and a whole host of other feelings.

And, I'm realizing this world needs a lot more "I Love You"s, in general. I think we all need some "I Love You"s, so here're some "I Love You"s for you.

Anyway, I play around with that "143" thing of Mister Rogers'. He sez 143 is code for "I Love You" cuz "I" has 1 letter, "love" has 4 letters, and "you" has 3 letters. There's a freeway around here called The 134. If you just turn 2 of the numbers around, you end up with the "I Love You" freeway.

The lyrics are:
I love you and I love you a lot

I don't know if I'll see you again, so I'll say “I love you” now
I think that I will see you again, but this is for good measure

I love you and I love you a lot

One forty three is a good number – it is the freeway of love for
Goodness sake I won't stop saying “I love you” cuz it's a great thing

I wanted you to know...that I do love you so

One forty three is Mister Rogers' code for
Saying “I love you” - gee whiz – I wish we all showed more
Ever lovin' love. In the sky above
I see a white dove singing pure, sweet love

No comments: