Thursday, May 5, 2022

I Duno Why I'm So Fucked Up


This is another song about my dumb writer's block and on top of that it's a song about how crappy my voice continues to sound, as if I'm having a constant fucking allergy attack. And then I threw in a part about the abominable, horrid supreme court decision.  

On that note...I’m tryin’ to put the feelings of dehumanization I get from the Supreme Court decision into words. Here’s what I came up with: One day, I went to bed, a regular, plain-old American citizen with all the rights afforded plain-old, ordinary American citizens. The next day, I woke up to find that my uterus is property of the state. It’s a truly icky feeling.
I mean, I live in California, where things should be expected to stay the same as they were, but that doesn’t erase the icky feelings of dehumanization I and over half of the population are experiencing these days.

No comments: