Friday, May 6, 2022

Everyone, Stay Close

 

Everyone Stay Close

 This is the next song in the possession album. Everyone gets home again, and they all talk about the importance of staying close, especially, given what the bears told them about how scary the world is about to get.

The lyrics are:

Everyone stay close; everyone stay clo-o-o-o-ose

...we...need...to...stay...close..to..each...oth...er...be...cause...we...need...each...oth...er

Pretty soon, we will be back home again
I feel blue, and I know I'll need a friend
Because of what the bears told us today
About the state of the world; it is craz-
y; is it heading for apocalypse?
I see that the world might be a sinking ship
So it is better to stick together
Cuz we're headed toward ship wreck-worthy weather

Everyone stay close; everyone stay clo-o-o-o-ose

How many words rhyme with "apocalypse?"
And it feels absurd to have it on my lips
Nevertheless, it is on people's minds
and it is distressing; this might be End Times
That is why we use a buddy system
If I die, I will be with my good friends
Or maybe, we will fight the fucked-up-ness
We will see; that would be better than death

Everyone stay close; everyone stay clo-o-o-o-ose

Timmy and Bobby and Father O'Malley are without a single doubt my good pals
It is good to have a couple good friends / We'll stick together right up to the end 
And I see we are getting close to home / where we're free to smoke a bowl and get stoned
I am glad, I guess, that we are back home / we have had a weird time, so let's get stoned


Here's the alternative player thingy, in case you wanna use it:

No comments: