Friday, April 8, 2022

Grandma, I'll Miss You

This is the next song in the possession album: Grandma goes up a big stairway to Heaven, and the girl is sad.

The lyrics are:

We are looking at the horizon
There's a stairway that we see rizin'
That my grandma will take to go back
Up to Heaven where there is no lack

Oh, Grandma, I'll miss you quite a lot
Can keep each other in our thoughts?

I will feel much better if we do
I think it will help me feel less blue
And I'm watching you go up the stairs
From the valley with some teddy bears

Oh, Grandma, think of me once or twice
In Heaven; that would be very nice

It is a day of many goodbyes
First, the fire god, then grandma; we'll try
To get back to normality all over
Again – we are feeling so gosh darn low, fer
Goodness sake, it seems like it should not be
Hard to adjust cuz we all have got these
Good friends – what I mean is each other – yes
We will help each other make the best of it

Now that Grandma's left, it is just us
With some bears, I guess we should discuss
What we'll do next in our quest for some
Normality, and we're feeling dumb

Here's the alternative player thingy, in case it's to your liking:


No comments: