Thursday, December 30, 2021

He Should Have Still Gone To Me - It May Take 100 Years

The hook of this song came to me in a dream - words and everything. It's another one of those cryptic dream songs, yesiree, where you have to figure out what it's about. A man running from the Bear Queen seems like a fine and dandy thing for this song to be about.

The lyrics are:

He should have still gone to me; it may take a hundred years

He could have just gone over to me but
He wanted to swim in the purple sea, but
I had some rainbows that I could offer
But I could tell from his very posture
That he had stubbornness inside of him
He was so cock-sure and he was toughened
By his stupid life experiences
Between him and people, he built fences

He should have still gone to me; it may take a hundred years

I am the bear queen, and I have power
I make the rainstorms that grow the flowers
And he was scared of that kind of magic
Inside the glare of light that's fantastic
Painting the sky with rainbows and music
He got so freaked he thought he would lose it
So he ran away to the purple sea
But there are some days he still thinks of me

He should have still gone to me; it may take a hundred years


No comments: