Friday, December 31, 2021

2021

 

2021

 For the past couple years, I've had this tradition-thingy, where I do a reprise of one of my favorite songs on New Year's Eve. This one is a reprise of the possession album song from July 23, 2021. This was a significant year cuz it's the first year where I wrote over a hundred songs. That's what this song's about. I'm always a little sad when the calendar flips over to the new year, if the old year was a good one. This year was one of those good ones, when it comes to the music stuff that happened in it, for sure. Yesiree. So, I decided to pay tribute to 2021 with this here song.

The lyrics are:

I am gonna miss you when it is another year
I wish I could kiss you, and I know I'll shed a tear

It's a hundred songs, and even more came out of me
In this special year, wow, that's a lot, I plainly see

Twenty twenty one is when I wrote the mostest songs
Wow, son of a gun! Me and this year, we got along

When the calendar switches over, I'll be sad
So I'll say to Twenty Twenty One: “You made me glad!”

Twenty twenty one, man, son-of-a-gun; this year did me proud
When all's said and done, we had so much fun; and I'll sing it loud
It is the last day, so it's time to say: “Twenty twenty one...”
“Helped me find my way, to these songs I play, I'll miss you a ton!”


No comments: