Friday, February 12, 2021

Such A Beautiful Child

 


BEAUTIFL

This is the next song in the possession album, but it could also be a stand-alone song, too, maybe.

So, the me-character is there, in the valley of the bears, and she gets the psychic impression that part of her soul is hanging out with those bears, a little baby-part of her soul. That's how the bears know who she is and, consequently, are her allies.

But, weirdly - and this is going to sound weird - this song is autobiographical. I once went to a shamanic practitioner for some soul retrieval. See, shamans believe that when there's a big-time trauma, sometimes a person's soul fragments, and the broken-off-part of the soul goes off somewhere else. It's called soul loss. (It's not too different from what clinical psychologists say about people's psyches fragmenting when they get traumatized). 

So, anyway, when I went to this shamanic practitioner, she told me a little baby part of my soul was hanging out with a bunch of bears. She said "You have friends in the Bear Nation." Apparently, when I was a wee, young pup, and was just about to get eye surgery, part of my soul freaked out and got the hell out of dodge. That part o' me ended up in a cave with all these nice bears.

I think I was about 1.5 or so years old when I got that surgery. So, anyway, the hook of this song ("Such a beautiful child") came to me in a dream about a month ago. I knew what it was about - it was about those bears sayin' that the little baby part of my soul is a beautiful child. For some reason, I was resistant to finishing writing and recording this song. I'm not entirely sure why; so, I put that in the actual song - the first verse describes the resistance I had about singing this here song.

The lyrics are:

I am resisting this thing that I'm singing
Such a beautiful child, such a beautiful child
It is persisting, insisting I must sing
Such a beautiful child, such a beautiful child

Those bears said when I was a baby, part of my soul escaped from me
That's how they who I am, that's how they know who I am
That baby part is with them in their den, playing in the bears' play-pen
That's how they know who I am, that's how they know who I am

Eye surgery was on the menu for me
That's why my baby self was in a hurry
To get away from that scary procedure
My spirit ran from that surgery theater
We are the bears and we know that she had come to us
When she was barely a baby and we thought we must
Just take her inside of our den cuz she was looking scared
We got some good medicine for her cuz we are bears
She was scared of a procedure that involved both of her eyes
And we care for, and we see her, and we hear her shuddering cries
Part of her spirit came up on us, broken off it came on the last bus
She's still with us in a big cave, playing with bears who make sure she's safe

Trust us, you must just hang on to us, we'll bus
Such a beautiful child, such a beautiful child
You to the haven that you crave to be safe in
Such a beautiful child, such a beautiful child

Those bears said when I was a baby, part of my soul escaped from me
That's how they who I am, that's how they know who I am
That baby part is with them in their den,, playing in the bears' play pen
That's how they know who I am, that's how they know who I am


Here's the alternative player thingy just in case the one up top doesn't work on our portable electronic device:

No comments: