Sunday, February 21, 2021

Country Music Food Song

 


Country music food song

 I realized yesterday I hadn't done any country songs in a long time, and I got sad. The sadness functioned as an invitation for country music to come back to me, and this old timey song about food came in my half-awake reverie state last night in bed. It's a song about how country music likes food.

I was finally able to successfully make a sample of Lulu the cat meowing into a chord - a kitty chord that doesn't just sound like a bunch of cats yelling. But because the frequency and timber of her voice is similar to mine, I had to turn it down in the mix because it was competing with my vocals too much. But I turn the kitty up at the end so you can hear the magnificent splendor of Lulu singing C, G, and F major chords.

The lyrics are:

When country music left the scene, I got sad and felt undone
But it came back inside my dreams, and we had lots of fun

I like crackers, corn-fillet; like anything you serve today
I like beans, and I like stew; I like anything that you call food

And when it came back to my dreams, it had a bunch of food
It said I like to cook with steam; that is my attitude

I like cake and I like pie; I like anything that's baked or fried
I like coffee with my cream; I like anything that's cooked with steam

It was missing from...my dreams, I felt dumb
I said, “come back, dude,”...it said I'll bring food
It came inside my dreams...giving me songs to sing
Once I called my friend back...I got a Big Mack attack
I forgot to call it here...now I'm feeling dumb, but clear
I will know to call my friend...Country music's Heaven sent
Yes, I forgot to call it here...now I'm feeling dumb, but clear
I will know to call my friend...Country music's Heaven sent

Or is this country music or another type of tune?
I'm bad at classifying songs, but maybe I'll learn soon

I like tuna casserole; I like anything that makes me full
I like burritos and rice; with tequila, it goes down real nice

Here's the alternative player thingy, in case the one up top doesn't work on your portable electronic device:

No comments: