Friday, November 13, 2020

Father O'Malley

 

O`MALLEY

This is the next song in the possession series. Father O'Malley, who was introduced last week, is the narrator of the song. He's an old hand at exorcism, but he had an ominous dream a while back that's giving him deja vu. He's getting deja vu when he sees the me-character, who's possessed, and he thinks maybe the dream was about the possession he's about to address with exorcism.

The lyrics are:
I am Father O'Malley, and I am a pal
I will come save this girl, yes, I'll give it a whirl
I have experience and exorcism-sense
I send those spirits out; that's what I'm all about

This is like those dreams; this is like those dreams

As soon as I saw her, a strange thought did occur
There's a dream I once had; I think it ended bad
That girl's grandma was here; she said, “now listen here”
Father, I'm not a liar; you are playing with fire

This is like those dreams; this is like those dreams

I think I should proceed with caution

I'm Father O'Malley, and I have a thing that I have to do
This girl has a malady, with fire, and it stings her, but when I'm through
She will be much better; you'll see, when I'm done, this girl will be free
From spirit invasions, from nations of things that won't let her be
I'm Father O'Malley, and I see this girl has a big malady I can correct
Yes, I am a pal, see, that's why Timmy and Bobby want me here cuz I can detect
A thing that looks like a spirit that has fire
I think that my mind says, “clear it” and retire
That old spirit - to greener pastures, he'll be
There's some fear, but I'm clear, I can set her free

I wish that I could remember all of the dream 
Deja vu is the thing I'm experiencing
If my future was told, I might see it unfold
Grandma said there was fire; and my feeling get dire

This is like those dreams; this is like those dreams

I think I should proceed with caution

I am Father O'Malley and I'm walking
Through the fog-thickened valley of death-stalking
I must use caution now; this thing is scary
I may lose my shit; wow, this could get hairy


Here's the other player thingy, just in case the one up at the top is incompatible with your portable electronic device:

No comments: