Friday, July 24, 2020

Something Wrong With Her


STWRONG1'
This song is the second song of my new project; it's the next Timmy and Bobby album, which deals with the subject of possession, y'know, by demons and spirits and such. I'll unpack what this new project is.

See, when I decided to start learning how to do rap music back in 2017, it was with a specific goal in mind. At the time, I was writing a rock opera, and I thought rap music would be great for doing the detailed-explanation parts of the piece because it's so lyrically dense. I didn't realize at the time that someone had already thought of doing the same thing when they did the play, Hamilton. But I sorta don't care. I mean, I didn't steal their idea; it came to me independently; and, besides that, even if I stole their idea, I sorta wouldn't care.

But, in any event, even though I've been regularly usin' rap as the explainy parts of my music stuff, I've still had the need to write long old librettos in order for the listeners to know what was going on with the character and the story and stuff. Like, my raps sounded all nifty and poetic (at least to my ears), but there were still gaps that needed to be filled in by big bunches of detailed explanations.

So, this song is the second song of an album where I'm challenging myself to fill in all of the gaps in the plot in the actual music, in the actual singing and rapping. This here album is about possession, like I said above. And I'll probably call it something along the lines of "Possession."

But, I'm still me, and I still feel the need to write about what the song's about. Hopefully, it's apparent in the lyrics, but this song's about Timmy and Bobby going over to their friend's house and finding her acting peculiarly. (That friend is me, but that's kinda sorta explained in the previous song) (or, at least I hope it is).

The lyric are:
She had something wrong with her, dunno what it was, dunno what it was
Did she take a bong hit, or i it just because her mind is filled with fuzz?

My name's Timmy, and I'm skinny. 
And I'm Bobby, not so thin, see
We went over to our friend's place
There was something wrong with her face
One of her eyeballs was bigger than the other one
We were't sure what this was; something must be done
And she talked like she was a demon in a craze
Being stalked by something that makes her mind a haze

She had something wrong with her, dunno what it was, dunno what it was
Did she take a bong hit, or is it just because her mind is filled with fuzz?

We hope that she will get better
She's doped, right down to the letter
and we'll call her later on
We hope that her mind's not gone
She is sick as a dog, with a shitty kennel cough
And a mind, thick with fog, that does not seem to burn off
And we hope that she will be her old self again
Singing tropes, with something she wrote with a blue pen

Is our friend possessed? Is our friend possessed?

Crap, I can't get the embedder thingy to work, but if you have trouble playing the player thingy above, click the link below:

Other player thingy

Oh, wait, I think I figured out how to make it work - here's the player thingy, in case the one up top doesn't work on your portable electronic device:


No comments: