Friday, June 5, 2020

Timmy and Bobby Song 11: Ants In My Pants/ Bacteria in My Brain



ANTPANTS
The question of a bacterial infection came up last week. There's a possibility that the reason I'm having all these neurological symptoms is that there's bacteria in my brain. That's scary, but at the same time, once this covid thingy is over and I can go places again without the fear of getting sick and getting other people sick and making them die, maybe I might be able to do something about this brain stuff. This song employs a metaphor of ants in one's pants in order to discuss bacteria in the brain. Timmy and Bobby are concerned.

The lyrics are:
It is sitting inside of my brain
Microbes spitting: Their cries sing in pain

Timmy says they’ll sing a ringing song
Golden jets to move those things along

Things are making my thoughts go askew
It brings the shaking and knocks my world loose

Bobby says what Timmy says is true
Their song sings best in everything they do

I think bacteria is inside of my brain
Fighting back, I say, “Fuck!” to those frightening migraines
Timmy and Bobby say, “No” to those bad things, bringing
Stinging and throbbing their holes are filled with voices ringing
Armies of red ants
Are charming in their dance
But alarming in your pants
They’re harming you with grants
Wait, “Harming you with grants?”
…Of wishes that you wish you had never made
Delicious at the time but it is nightshade

Tricksters bickering, losing their game
With sinister, flickering, blue, singing flames

Worlds are gleaming and streaming in suns
With words that are singing in zeroes and ones

Here's another player thingy in case the other one doesn't work:

No comments: