Thursday, March 17, 2022

My Voice is All Fucked Up

 

Fucked Up Voice Song



I'll be posting two songs tonight, so stay tuned for the other one.

See, over the past month and a half or so, my voice has been getting progressively more and more fucked up. It got to the point where my throat felt like it was filled with ashes, and I could barely manage a gross, raspy voice. I didn't know what was causing it, until I realized, oh yeah - my voice started getting fucked up around the time I bought these new masks.

See, throughout the pandemic, I've been wearing these Linkin Park masks I got on Amazon. Y'know, just masks with the Linkin Park logo, cuz I like Linkin Park so much. My masks were gettin' old, so I found some new Linkin Park masks on Amazon and got those. They were made of different material than the old ones, but I didn't think much of it.

Then, 2 Saturdays ago I wore one of those new masks for an extended period of time, and my throat ended up fucked-upper than it has ever been in my entire life. I finally put 2 and 2 together and stopped wearing the questionable masks. My voice has been recovering, but very verrrry slowwwwly. I think those masks had some horrible chemical dye in them that fucked me up. Or maybe I was inhaling a bunch of horrid fibers. I'm not sure.

But I got really frustrated recording the other song I'm gonna post tonight because my vocals sound like poop and I couldn't achieve that magicalness that I always aim for with my vocal stylings. So, then I got all frustrated and started wailing on my bass and singing, and oddly, my voice came out sounding better than it has in this month and a half or so. So I quickly laid down a track of me singing not horridly, so I can be a little less depressed about the whole thing.

In short, this is a song where I reclaim a bit o' that magic in my vocal stylin's, as I sing about how my vocal stylin's lost their magic. I mean, this ain't perfect or anything, but it's better than some o' the other stuff I've been doing recently.

No comments: