Friday, February 4, 2022

Inside The Circle Again


This is the next song in the possession album. Everybody is standing out there all depressed, looking at the sunset, when they see a flash of green. Y'know those flashes of green people talk about? It was one of those. I've never seen one of those in real life.

The lyrics are:
What is this feeling we have inside us?
I think it is sadness mixed with lots of love
And our friend, he flew up to the sky
And we all wonder what it's like there up above

Inside the circle – the circle again
Inside the circle of the sun again

In our last song, we were so depressed, and in this new song, well, I guess we must confess
That we are so very sad and blue, and I guess we will tell you that we are a mess

Inside the circle – the circle again
Inside the circle of the sun again

Wait, what is this? A flash of green
Wait, what is this? A flash of green

I've never seen this before but it's starting to ring a bell
It's heavenly, and I'm floored; and at first, I said, “what the hell?”
But I am remembering something that people have told me before
Now I see that it made the sun green, and it's making my feelings soar up
up to the sky like a fi-ire goddess; I said, “oh, my,” this was from the hottest
Fire god that I have ever met; did he make the green in the sunset?
It's the flash of green that people have told me about in the past
This is a sign, it seems to me, from my friend – he sent me a green blast

Wait, what is this? A flash of green
Wait, what is this? A flash of green

What is this thing that we're seeing right now? It's a flash of green inside a bright sunset
And we wonder what this thing could mean and it is brighter than the brightest TV set

Inside the circle, the circle again
Inside the circle of the sun again

Here's the alternative player thingy in case the one up top ain't your cup o' tea:

No comments: