Thursday, November 11, 2021


 I'm Translating Music Coming From Outer Space Tonight

 This is a song about getting songs from dreams or stoned reveries. Bein' stoned can bring forth lots of creative idears, but the disadvantage is: It impairs your short term memory, so you might forget the idea you're writing down before you get done writing it down. That's why it's handy to have a recording device with you at times like that. Then you can record yourself creative idea-ing.

The lyrics are:

I was asleep inside my beddy-bye
When I heard a peep; that's when I said, “Oh, my”
Yes, it was some music coming from the sky
Was it a keeper? Could this music fly?

I'm translating music coming from outer space tonight, tonight

It was some music on some auditory
Frequencies and it might just tell a story
And I have to find a way to write it down
Otherwise it will be a forgotten sound

I'm translating music coming from outer space tonight, tonight

Because I was so stoned inside of my bed
I was tryin' to find a way to clear my head
Cuz my short term memory was so impaired
I might not get it all written down – oh, merde
That is the French expression for, “oh, shit”
And that's what I'd be sayin' if I forgot a hit -
A song that could top the charts – and I could cry
If I forgot a melody when I was high

There was a big ass melody; it was coming right for me
It said can you write me down tonight? Tonight?

But I recorded it on my iPad
And even though the quality was bad
It will make for a decent enough tune
A song that came from the Man in the Moon

Here's the alternative player thingy like usual:

No comments: