Friday, November 26, 2021

I Was Him A Minute Ago

 

This is the next song in the possession album; the girl is looking in wonder at the big ole fire god and going, wow, man, he was inside me a minute ago.

The lyrics are:

And we all see him standing right there
And we all see him on the fiery stair
He is getting ready to go to the sun
He used to be my steady, he's my someone

I was him a minute ago

He was once inside me, and we were one
Hot enough to fry me, till I'm well done
We're the same animal, me and him are kin
It was so grand, I'll never forget him

I was him a minute ago

I do not know how he fit inside me, it seems like an impossibility
He is as big as a building, you see, and we are wondering how this can be
How did he fit inside me? I don't know; this fire god, who has the heavenly glow
He said that we should just go with the flow; I guess we'll find out someday, maybe so

I was him a minute ago

Something does not feel right, I lost my appetite; I don't know just how to live

Here's the alternative player thingy, in case the one up top doesn't work on your portable electronic device:

No comments: