Thursday, September 9, 2021

I Hope I Don't Have Covid



I Hope I Don't Have Covid

I got sick, so this is the I-hope-it's-not-COVID-song. I mean, I got all vaccinated and stuff (see the song from February 18, 2021 for more details on that). But I don't want it to be covid cuz I don't want to give it to my cats. I'll know more in a few days, so I'll let y'all out there in Music Land know when I know something. 

I mean, I'm not deathly ill, and you can probably tell cuz I had enough energy to record a song. But bein' sick is weird, these days. Two years ago, this would have been a drink-fluids-and-rest-and-you'll-feel-better-in-a-few-days-thing, but now it's an I-hope-it's-not-the-scary-bad-pandemic-disease-thing. 

Oh, yeah, that's my cell phone ringing at the end.

The lyrics are:

I hope I don't have covid
But if I have covid
I'll let you know

It started with sleeping a lot
And then a sore throat that's not from smoking pot
But I still have a sense of smell
So, maybe that means I'm not in covid hell
Yes, I'll get a test tomorrow, and we'll see
Just what on earth this stupid thing may be
Man, if it's not covid, I'll relax a bit
And I'll go back to writing country music hits

I'll let you know

This song's not gonna be as long as most of my songs are cuz I'm going to bed

I hope I don't have covid
But if I have covid
I'll let you know

Here's the alternative player thingy, in case it floats your boat more than the one up top:

No comments: