Sunday, July 4, 2021

War Zone (Trigger Warning)



War Zone

I wanted to get this fucker online before midnight because it's still the poopy Fourth of July. I took advantage of all the fireworks out there, makin' it sound like a war zone, and pasted them into this little ditty. I'll add a picture and the other player thingy tomorrow. I'm pooped.

Okay, it's the next day, and I'm finishing up this here entry. Once thing I wanted to say was, if you have any kind of PTSD or other trauma where loud noises are a trigger, then be prepared if you want to listen to this song. Like I said, above, there're fireworks sounds in this here song - they're at the very beginning and then they start up again at 2:12. When I listened to it last night in headphones, while the fireworks were still goin' on outside, I kept thinking the ones on the recording were real, and I got a bit startled. 

Anyway, in this song, the narrator is listening to all the fireworks noise and getting grumpy, but then gets all paranoid and wonders if some of those noises are real bombs. Like, is this country at war? Oh, my.

The lyrics are:

It's a war zone; I am hiding

It's a war zone; under the bed
It's a war zone; hope they don't find me
It's a war zone; I might soon be dead

I'm listening to bombs go off
Explosions ring; and I hope they stop

It's a war zone; people are dumb
It's a war zone; Setting off bombs
It's a war zone; It makes me grumpy
It's a war zone; I do not feel calm

I'm listening to bombs go off
Explosions ring; and I hope they stop

What are these stupid sounds around me?
Those are illegal in this county
Burning down the entire state
Starting fires, and I'm quite irate
Or I wonder if it really is war
This thunder might be what is in store
For the long haul, in this country of mine
Will the bombs fall? With explosions that shine?


Here's the alternative player thingy, in case you prefer it to the one up top:

No comments: