Tuesday, July 13, 2021

I Didn't Treat You That Well


I recorded two different versions of this song: The bottom one is the one I recorded on Sunday, and the top one is the one I recorded today, which feels like it holds together better. Then again, I'm not always the most objective judge of my own music, so maybe folks'll like the bottom version better. Bleh. Anyway, the bottom version is more angsty, and the top one is more - I don't know what you'd call it...Happy 80s rock? Bluegrassy delight? Something like that, maybe.

I Didn't Treat You That Well Version 2 Mix 3

I Didn't Treat You That Well

Anyway. I'm guessing lots of people could relate to this song; it's about feeling bad for having mistreated someone in the past. It's not about anyone in particular, but at the same time, I can think of a bunch of people I could sing this to, with a heartfelt and sincere apology. Sorry! 


The lyrics are:
I didn't treat you that well
I didn't treat you that well

bo go gee go gee go
bo guh dee guh steeh gah go

I was young and stupid........but that doesn't excuse it

I didn't treat you that well
I didn't treat you that well

bo go gee go gee go
bo guh dee guh steeh gah go

I wish I could apologize........But it would be weird cuz we've cut all our ties

I treated you so bad... and I don't have any excuses
And I think I made you sad, I'm stupid, and I cannot undo this
Is it good for my soul to confess this? It will not vacuum up all the messes
That I've created in this dumb life time. My transgressions leave a trail of grime

I didn't treat you that well
I didn't treat you that well

I wish that I could take it back

Here's the newer version of this song that I recorded today:


Here's the alternative player thingy, in case the one up top doesn't work when you try to play it on your portable electronic device:


Also on a completely unrelated note, I got two of my tunes on Spotify - they’re really old. I cain’t use the newer songs cuz they have samples in them, and I hear that’s illegal if you’re distributing your stuff all officially and all. But at some point, I’ll attempt to record some o’ my newer stuff and stick it on there in a way that’s all legally above board or whatever. But here’s the spotify link, in case you’re interested.

No comments: