Thursday, February 22, 2018

Palindrome Songs




This is what I did last week. See, when my internet was down, I had to run around looking for WiFi connections, and deal with the ATandT guy, etcetera, so I only had time to record short little ditties I didn't care all that much about. These are songs where if you play them backwards, they're the same as if you play them forwards. (I included versions of them that I turned around using music software so you can verify the veracity of that statement).

The 2nd pair of ditties has poop in it; I figured it would be appropriate to post a song with poop in it because last week's song had pee in it.

The first song is composed of a bunch of restatements of themes from the Corky album. Yesiree.

See, in 2002, I recorded a whole album of palindrome songs, y'know, like these ones, where if you play 'em backwards they sound the same as when you play them forwards. I thought they sounded boring. I kind of think these songs might be boring, too. Maybe a totally symmetrical song is all boring to the brain because - well, I don't know why, really.

The lyrics of the second set of songs are "Oh, no, poop, Earth, um, Mother, poop, oh no. Did Lloyd poop? Earth, um, mother poop, you'll did." And for some reason, "my" backwards is "meow."

No comments: