Friday, February 16, 2018

Hey, D'ya Wanna See Me Piss My Pants?



I'm gonna publish this real fast because I'm at a coffee house (the internet is down in my apartment) and the wifi keeps going in and out.


PISSPNTS

Okay, now that I have a draft published, I can take my time to write the write up for this thingy. 

So, in this song, Corky is in the spirit world, trying to communicate with Mogie. Mogie, he's being interviewed by this reporter and, as a result, is gonna be on the local news that night. Corky tries to get his message to Mogie (that he's alright in the spirit world) in the hopes that Mogie'll blurt it out to the reporter. That's cuz Corky's mom watches the local news every night, so if Mogie did that, she'd get the message that Corky was alright in the spirit world.

I actually got this song from a dream. I fell asleep and went into a lucid dream. As I was tooling around my dream-bedroom, this song came to me. I said, "FUCK, I gotta wake myself up and write down this song." So, I did. That's how this song came about.

The rap part might be a little difficult to understand because it's sort of low in the mix. The lyrics are:

"Mogie's gonna be on the TV news that my mother watches every night - there's nothing to lose.
Maybe he can tell her that I am doing fine, that she'll see me up in Heaven when it comes her time."

I'm realizing, more and more, that this here album is, more than anything, about Corky's relationship to Verdell and Mogie in the afterlife. It was initially created to explain shit between the songs in "Corky Red Tail's Adventures In The Spirit World," and it kind of does do that. But, as time goes by, I'm starting to view it more than anything else as fleshin' stuff out that happens in the spirit world.

Oh, crikey! It's Sunday now, and I'm realizing I never posted the weird version of this song. Y'know, I mean, I never published last week's song if you turn it around backwards. Here it is.


I was so weirded out because I didn't have internet access at my place, that I forgot all about posting it. But the ATandT guy came and now I have internet again. That's a good thing.

For anyone new to this blog, the album I'm discussing is based on the movie, Skins. (Spoiler Alert)... It follows this character, Corky Red Tail, into the afterlife cuz he gets murdered in the beginning of the movie. Then he's joined by Mogie and Verdell, who both die of alcoholism in one way or another. The three of them work together to try to get a message to Corky's mom that he's okay in the afterlife. The most likeliest candidate to do that is Rudy, Mogie's brother, because all three of them knew Rudy when they were alive, so they're all connected to him in one way or another.

No comments: