Friday, February 17, 2017

Wuh Guh Sri / Years Ago


 



This song's called "Wuh Guh Sri," which is the backwards version of "Years Ago," which I think I posted about a year ago. When I initially heard it, I wondered if it sounded kind of like Arcade Fire. But I dunno; I might be foolin' myself.




I turned it around backwards, and this time around, I didn't manipulate the timing of the tracks, relative to each other, because it worked out this way. But the weird thing is, the timing is off, such that it makes this version sound all upbeat, whereas the original song sounds all heavy and stuff.

Here are the lyrics:

Fell asleep at the wheel/ that's when time was a meal
Years Ago
Fell asleep in my dress/ stupid, sad scary mess
Years Ago
He sees that it's gone
Woke up when it was bed/ feeling blind and half dead
Years Ago
He sees that it's gone

Yup, yesiree. I'm repeating that death-related theme again - y'know, the one where I cain't really tell people about why it keeps on repeating like this. I dunno. Maybe the tradition I'm borrowing from would say it's okay to 'splain yourself. But I'm not sure.

No comments: