Sunday, February 28, 2016

It Is Not Our Secret/Cosmetic Empty Side

Oh, my. I took an old recording of one of my favorite songs and made it backwards just for kicks. See, I was reading this book about owls and UFOs (The Messengers: Owls, Synchronicity and the UFO Abductee, by Mike Clelland), and there was a part where the author was talking about how sometimes you can play a person's speech backwards, and you'll hear actual sentences and stuff. I guess some people think that's a way of deciphering messages that come from the unconscious through speech.

In any event, I thought I'd try it with this particular song - making it backwards, I mean. I wanted to to use this one because when I had the dream I got it from, I felt like I was channeling sort of. I felt like I was channeling this song from the dudes in the dream that were singing it. I figured, shit, dude. If there's any song that might have a hidden message, it would be this one. Let's see what those singing-dudes had to say. (Backwards).

Here's the backwards one, followed by the regular song:




The backwards one is actually from a different recording than the frontwards one. The one that I made backwards was a little too repetitive when I initially did it, so I re-recorded the song the next day. For whatever reason, I felt inclined to make the original (and not the final) recording backwards.

Well, anyway, it's interesting because the backwards version sounds like I'm singing "It is not our secret," over and over. The song starts out: "I know a secret. It is not our secret. It is not our secret. It is not secret..." 

There's lots of nonsense in there, too.

But, in any event, the backwards version surprisingly came out really pretty-sounding (well, in my view), so that I thought I'd post it here. It's funny to think that, if indeed, I was channeling some spirits' messages when I got this song, that part of their message was: "it's not our secret." Weird, dude. (The original entry this song is in is from October, 2012, if you want to know more of the back story).

No comments: