Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sea Shanty






Um, okay, the drag-and-drop-a-picture feature leaves something to be desired. I'm not sure how I ended up with multiple copies of the same picture.

In any event, I was too lazy to add illustrations for these songs cuz I'm too bummed out these days to summon the mental energy to add illustrations to things.

The Million song is the last song of the album I've been working on. When I sent the album to a couple friends, I was a bit premature, cuz I wrote the Million song the week after I sent it. Whoops.

The song after it is a sea shanty, as the title suggests. I was highly resistant to recording it because I don't usually do sea-shanty-ish songs. It and the Million song both came to me in dreams, and it's odd that they're both sorta traditional sounding. Not my usual style in either case.

The thing about the sea shanty song is, while I was resistant to recording it, the damn thing got stuck in my head, and I thought that's a good sign. So I recorded it. It came from a dream where I died in a plane crash with some other people and an evil kid played banjo at our memorial service. The song is the song the kid played.

Oh yeah, I forgot . The Million song is in a previous post (the one before this one) but I accidentally put in the copy of it that takes up a lot of disk space, so it takes forever to play. So I made a fewer-megabyte version and put it in this post, so it doesn't take forever to play.

No comments: