Friday, April 26, 2024

Pray the Trees Into Heaven

 


Pray the Trees into Heaven Version 1

Pray the Trees into Heaven Version 2

Pray the Trees into Heaven Version 2 Mix 2

This song is about a forest dying.  

Well, okay, yes. Okay. I was stupid and naive, thinking a concerned group of citizens could stop evil from happening. I as stupid to think the politicians in charge of approving the most evil housing development in the world (the Dana Reserve, in Nipomo, CA, which promises to kill 3 to 4K many-centuries-old oak trees). I feel like I'm going to puke my guts out. Of COURSE this fucking got approved? Why????? Because America is not a democracy; it's an oligarchy. All the politicians give a shit about is making rich people happy; it doesn't matter than an ancient forest is going to get mercilessly slaughtered. That ENDANGERED SPECIES are going to get paved over. That the air in the town will now be unbreathable, to the point where many will die of breathing-related illnesses. Nope, the only thing that politicians care about is that rich people (a.k.a. evil housing developers) get happy. And their constituents can go pound sand. 

Anyway, all I can do is try to pray the trees and other beings that'll die. I'll try to pray them into Heaven. So here I am doin' that. There're 2 versions of this song; the first is more peppy and the second is all sad and head-voicy. And Mix 2 is better of the second, head-voicy one. I'll let the listeners decide which one(s) they like better.



No comments: