Friday, February 9, 2024

Maybe Too Light (Loosey Goosey Lucifer, Part 2)

Maybe Too Light

 The hook of this song came to me in a dream, and it was one of those dream-songs, where it's not all the way clear what it's about. But, then, lucidity came in, and I realized it could be another song that builds on the Loosey Goosey Lucifer theme. So, it's sorta a Loosey Goosey Lucifer, Part 2 song. It's like oh, maybe it's too light, as in, the light that she brings to the world is so bright that people're afraid it'll burn their retinas and stuff.

Wait, hang on.....

Maybe Too Light Mix 2

 


After a few listens, I realized, while I like the poetical goodness of the verses, they needed a little something extra to make it interesting and things. See, the number of repetitions of the same melody made my ears start to fall asleep because the human brain is wired to tune out things that become repetitious. So I added a little extra spicy goodness to the second halves of the verses and did a little remixing while I was at it. Here's the souped up version of the second Loosey Goosey Lucifer song, complete with an artist's rendering of what Loosey Goosey Lucifer might look like.

Mix 1 (the one that might make your ears fall asleep):


Mix 2, which might make your ears stay awake:

No comments: