Thursday, June 24, 2021

I Don't Live In This World

 


I Don't Live In This World

This song came in a dream last night - or I mean, the A phrase part of it did. It sounded like it was about alienation and not fitting in, and stuff. The metaphors for not fitting in are being an alien or a dandelion in a garden. Or an alien-dandelion. 

In any event, I'm not sure if this song sucks or not. Yeah, I'm not sure, at this point. Then again, maybe it'll suck, according to some people, and not suck, according to other people. 

Postscript: I decided this song doesn't suck, after all, but I have two things that might be useful bits of information. One: It's one of those songs that sounds better with repeated listenings, and Two: It's a good idear to read the lyrics to the rap part first because there's one part where I say, "A corner of a galaxy," but it sounds a bit like "Acorn er of a galaxy," as in acorn from a tree. 

The lyrics are:

I don't live in this world
I don't like this world
It doesn't make sense to me

I'm an alien
I'm an alien
I am an alien; I am an alien
I am an alien living right here

I don't live in this world
I don't like this world
It doesn't make sense to me

I'm a dandelion
Living in the garden
I am a dandelion; I am a dandelion
I am a dandelion living right here

I'm a weed living in a garden
From a seed from a distant star in
A corner of a galaxy that
Lives in the frequency of B flat
I'm a dandelion, that is true
And your Round Up ™ is making me blue
But it won't work because I am from Mars
I am immune, you dummy – I eat stars

I don't live in this world
I don't like this world
It doesn't make sense to me

I'm a dandelion
I'm a dandelion
I'm an alien
I'm an alien

Here's the alternative player-thingy, in case the one at the top doesn't work, or isn't to your liking:

No comments: