Thursday, October 31, 2019

Why Is There A Sword?



Sword mix 4
This song continues the theme of the angels protecting the girl from the teachers (see below if you're unfamiliar with this project). The angels decided to wield swords because they wanna be prepared to defend the girl in case the teachers turn into mean jerks again. They also figure the swords will be handy for cutting any energy cords that are still connecting the girl to the mean teachers. Yeah, if you've ever run across someone with bad energy, it can be good to take a look and see if there're any energy cords connecting you to them because you can be a thousand miles away but have them still influence you. That's why it's also handy to have guardian angels with swords.

And the girl, well, she thinks she's gone crazy cuz at this point, because she actually sees the angels with the swords. Like, she thinks she's hallucinating or something.

Weird why is there a sword
Here's last week's song, if you play it backwards.

The lyrics are:
It got hairy and scary for her and she thinks that she is unglued (with bad luck)
And the ferry that carries the turd is to teach us yesterday’s mood (oh, God, fuck)
We’re the angels and we think that it would be fine
To poke and stoke the teachers when we see that they are unkind
And we’re ready, yes, indeed, to tear down the walls
That make the students bleed inside the prison that is these halls

Was it in my eye? My mind is hazy/ Then I start to cry / did I go crazy?
I was looking toward / I had a vision / angels with some swords / they’re on a mission

Why is there a sword? Why is there a sword?

They say it’s a sword / it’s good for scoring / all those stupid cords / that make minds boring
They say they will cut / away the badness / makes my mind a rut / that’s filled with sadness

Why is there a sword? Why is there a sword?

It is the biggest stupid-dumb mess / why did they make the girl wear a dress?
It is much better when she has jeans / but they won’t let her, the teachers are mean
We will fight the teachers now and cut all those cords
and then we’ll drive our rusty beaters down to drop off our swords
And we’re ready, yes, indeed, to tear down the walls
That make the students bleed inside the prison that is these halls

They said it’s alright/ cuz they will help me/ sing into the night / and watch all Hell freeze
They say you’ll be fine/ we’re here to save you/ in the nick of time/ from those that hate you


Why is there a sword? Why is there a sword?


One day, I started writing a song about a fucked up school. Then, a few days later, that lawsuit came out, involving those pervy professors in the Dartmouth Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences. I was all, oh, my stars!!! That’s where I got my Ph.D.! Then I finished writing the song about a week later. I thought it was just a song about how the school system fucks up kids, but after I finished writing and recording it, I realized parts of it were about my experiences in that poopy psych department (the unconscious mind works in mysterious ways). In any event, I decided to write an album about a fucked up school in order to process my experiences of having been in that department and how the culture there impacted me. This album ain’t necessarily about Dartmouth, per se. It’s more of a weird, inner exploration where I’m, like, having a fucked up dialogue with my unconscious about my experiences at Dartmouth. Jung used to call that kind of stuff “active imagination.” So far, this album follows the story of a girl, whose guardian angels try to protect her, but often can't find her. The angels at some point decide that they have to protect the girl from those nasty teachers and start to plot against them. But then they realize they don’t want to actually harm the teachers, so they, instead, make the teachers’ brains into nature brains ™, which are basically brains that hear communications coming from nature spirits. The angels do this because they think it’ll give those teachers more empathy, and will, in turn, be nice to the students.  After the teachers receive those nature brains, they go crazy because a mountain starts speaking to them, and the numinosity of that experience is too much for them to handle.

No comments: